Continental Carbonic Products, Inc. specializes in the manufacture and distribution of dry ice and liquid carbon dioxide. The company is also the nation's largest distributor of dry ice blasting equipment.
Continental Carbonic maintains a reliable network of 40 dry ice distribution facilities located strategically throughout its service area. This integrated distribution network ensures that Continental Carbonic can quickly react to customers' needs.
This position was created to help cover vacations in various cities and to help train our safety classes/procedures. This job requires around 75% traveling.
Class B Lead Truck Driver
- Safety for yourself and others
- Cover driver vacations and vacancies as needed.
- Train new drivers in all applicable policies and procedures.
- Obtain Smith System and Safestart trainer certification and conduct training.
- Conduct Branch Safety Inspections, provide safety training and driver observations at times when not providing Branch coverage.
- Perform routine duties in Home Branch when not required to travel, including but not limited to warehouse work.
- Preparing, loading, and delivering dry ice to customers
- Obtaining receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collecting payment for services when required
- Securing cargo with supplied equipment to ensure load is safe from shifting
- Reporting vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or any damage to the vehicles
- Reading bills of lading to determine assignment details
- Ability to travel up to 75%, possible Sunday travel
- CDL Class B license – fully current – current DOT long form physical and medical card
- Available to work early start times Monday through Friday and may be required to work weekends or emergencies as needed.
- Ability to push/pull/lift 60 lbs. repetitively, bending, twisting, etc.
- Ability to get in and out of truck for multiple deliveries, walk long distances, climb stairs
- Ability to pass a DOT drug screening including MVR, PSP, DOT Physical and criminal background check
Benefits for full time employees include Paid Vacation, Holidays, 401k, Group Insurance including Dental, Vision and Life, Wellness Benefit, Tuition Reimbursement, and Opportunities for Advancement.
For more information about our organization, visit our website at www.continentalcarbonic.com.
Continental Carbonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran status.